Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Welcome

Congratulations! You have an offer for a job in Saudi Arabia but are quite confused whether to accept it or not. Your mind is full of doubts about the location, culture, weather, work atmosphere, local population, and so on and so forth. The picture here aptly describes your mindset - is it a sunrise or a moonset - you aren't too sure! You are in a Catch 22 situation - "Should I go in for the plunge or not"! You are looking for someone who can guide you, atleast through the basics. Not to worry, you have come to the right place!
This blog doesn't claim to be an authority in Saudi Arabia. Nor is it even remotely connected with any official agency. With a decade of experience of working in Saudi Arabia as an expatriate, the intention of this blog author is just to make the first-timers more familiar with the working conditions in the Kingdom. If in any way this blog has helped the would-be expatriates, then the purpose of this blog is achieved.
Your feedback in the form of comments and backlinks would encourage me to post more articles. Also, do feel free to correct me, if you feel any information provided is not accurate enough. Happy surfing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I owned one car. Is it possible for my friend to drive my car in my absence. What are the paper works to be made for this

Expatguru said...

Anonymous,

You must take a police clearance for this. I will write a separate post on this shortly.

Anonymous said...

any thing regarding GAMCA rules?

Expatguru said...

Anonymous,

This blog is specifically meant for discussing expatriate issues pertaining only to Saudi Arabia. You can get more details of GAMCA from their own website.

bibin oommen said...

Dear Expatguru, I would like to appreciate and thank you for the treasure trove of information you have provided. The experiences and mistakes are definitely helpful for the large number of expatriates like me.I would like to add that I was so engulfed in your blog that I read all your main posts in one sitting !!! I myself was born and brought up in the kingdom, 25 years on resident status and feel like the journey is just starting!!! am one of the few guys who are satisfied/happy being here! But yet I came aware of many of the things (tedious paper work etc) only through your blog, it is very reliable and based on experience... Especially when any official information is quite scarce in Saudi...Keep up the good work and God bless you...