Thursday, May 14, 2009

Swan song

It has been exactly 2 years since I started this blog. Having undergone the pain of running around from pillar to post for information, I realized that all other fellow-expatriates like me were facing the same predicament as I was. That was when the idea of documenting all my experiences as well as doing my bit to help fellow-expats, came to my mind.
I started off this blog just as a hobby, and as a policy, I have never charged anyone a single penny for guiding people. The good feeling which I got at the end of the day, more than made up for the time I spent on this blog. From just 2 to 3 hits a day, this blog has reached about 50 hits an hour. My Inbox is being flooded with requests from expatriates almost everyday and it has become a herculean task to handle it. I have a full-time job and devoting time for this blog has now become extremely difficult.
I have now decided to stop taking any more queries. Of course, I will not shut down this blog as the information here is too precious to be lost. This blog will continue to be there perpetually, as long as Blogspot - the webhost - allows it. For those requiring personalized guidance, I am ready to offer my service for a nominal fee. The idea is not to make money, but to filter and choose only those very important queries which are genuine and does need an answer. Almost every single topic which an expatriate working in Saudi Arabia needs to know has been covered in this blog, and if there are families being united, people getting their dues from their sponsors, expats in trouble getting some help out, then the purpose of this blog has been served.

1 comment:

Shabbir Siraj said...

Hello Expatguru, I just discovered your blog after scouring the net for details on importing a car to KSA.

After reading up on your useful post regarding the same, I clicked on the banner to take me to your blog's home page and lo and behold I see this final message! Thanks for the excellent info that you've so graciously provided for the benefit of all expats and I'll surely be sifting through it all.

All the best to you. :)