Monday, August 17, 2009

A word about the Contact Form

After my decision to introduce paid consultancy services for those who require personalized consultancy, a lot of readers have been requesting information on this. So I decided to write a separate post about it. My friend and renowned software / VA expert, Mrs. Deepa Govind, had helped me set up the form (click here to view it) in this blog. For those who are yet to get familiar with it, here are the steps.



When you click on the link given here, you would get a form which is self-explantory. For basic queries, I charge a nominal amount of $5. This is to segregate spam from genuine requests and also to put a value for the time and effort I put in.




Once you have filled in the form, you would get an automated message saying that your request has been received. The next step for you is to actually do the payment. You need to have a Paypal account for paying me. If you do not have a Paypal account, please visit http://www.paypal.com/ and click on 'Sign up' link. The instructions given there are clear. Paypal (http://www.paypal.com/) is a secure site and there is no need for you to reveal your card details to me - Paypal assures complete security and secrecy for both the parties - you and me. Registration with Paypal is easy and is free of cost. You just need a credit card or a debit card for payment.




You may also wish to pay in Paypal through your bank account by opting for an e-cheque facility, if you are uncomfortable using your credit card or debit card on the net, But the downside with an e-cheque is that it takes about 10 working days for the money to be realized by Paypal. Payment is instantaneous if it is made through a credit card or a debit card. Whatever be the mode of your payment, once Paypal realizes the amount, I would be informed immediately and within 1 working day, I would reply to your email.

There is also a provision to track your query. Once you have submitted your query, you can always track its status. Simply type your email id in the 'Track your Query' box given on the top right hand side of this blog and you would know the status of your query.


I wish to express my sincere thanks to all of those readers who have used this new service and have promptly paid me. However, some of the readers fill in the form and then forget about the payment! To overcome this problem, an automated reminder would now arrive in your Inbox if you fill in the form and then forget to make the payment. Of course, you have a choice not to be reminded and this option is given to you while filling in the form.



Finally, I continue to get requests from some readers asking for free consultancy. Regretfully, I cannot entertain such requests due to acute pressure of work and time. Once again, I would like to express my gratitude to all the readers for your support.

Until next time,

No comments: