Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Labor offices in Saudi Arabia - Revised numbers

This blog, started way back in 2007 in a small way, has today grown into the most referred one by expatriates working or planning to work in Saudi Arabia. I just noticed that it has crossed 1.3 million visitors, with an average of 2 hits per minute round the clock from all over the world. From the bottom of my heart, dear readers, a very big Thank You.
 

My earlier post on labor offices in Saudi Arabia,(click here) which was way back in 2008, had explained in detail the process which goes into resolution of labor disputes in the kingdom. Not all expats working in Saudi Arabia are lucky to have good sponsors and eventually most disputes end up in such labor offices for possible amicable settlement.
 
When I wrote the earlier post, there were 37 labor offices across the kingdom. These have now been reduced to 23. The phone numbers of these offices have also changed.
 
For the benefit of readers, I am giving below the new contact numbers of labor offices. 

Riyadh - 011-4024444
Al Kharj - 011-5448231
Al Duwadimi - 011-6431803
Al Majmaah - 016-4321724
Wadi Al Dawasir - 016-4321724
Al Zulfi - 016-4220235
Shaqra - 011-6221342
Buraydah, Al Qassim - 016-3250387
Unayzah - 016-3640285
Al Rass - 016-3333502
Hail - 016-5321139
Dammam - 013-8261419
Al Ahsa - 013-5820835
Hafar Al Baten - 013-7220220
Al Khobar - 013-8641541
Buqayq (Abqaiq) - 013-5661324
Jubail - 013-3620450
Al Khafji - 013-7660380
Ras Tannurah - 013-6670424
Sakaka, Al Jouf - 014-6241766
Al Qurayyat - 014-6421108
Turayf - 014-6521029
Arar - 014-6627128

A word of caution. Do not expect miracles to happen and if you do call any of these numbers, do not expect anyone to reply in English. Take the help of your embassy (most embassies have Arabic-speaking interpreters). I wish you never use the numbers given above, but it is always better to be informed.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Expatguru. I have been following your blog for more than 8 years and I have no hesitation in saying that it is the best source of info.

Alan Fletcher said...

Great work!

Anonymous said...

tremendous job!! hope it crosses 9m soon, the population of expats in saudi :)

Anonymous said...

Nicely said. Don't expect miracles. No one will answer those phone, if they do, they will hang up listening to an expat's voice. This is what happens in the Kingdom.

Anonymous said...

The volume speaks for the gr8 work & support rendered.

Shaiku said...

Great job Guru...The site contains loads of loads of information, Appreciation comes deep down from heart for your hard work...

Anonymous said...

HI EXPATGURU,
THANKS FOR VALUABLE UPDATE INFORMATION, I HAVE BEEN USING YOUR BLOG 2010

Saqib said...

Congrats Brother! I was wondering why dont you use Adsense or some other advertisement on this blog.
I think you should setup separate Q&A Section/Forum too, that way if you can earn more through ads then may be you will be able to reply to more individual quires free of cost and that can be win win situation for everyone.

Expatguru said...

Thanks Alan, Anonymous, Shaiku and all other readers.

Saqib, my intention is not to make money. This is why I have as a policy kept this blog free of ads. But I charge a nominal fee for personalized consultancies (not for those who want to simply read the blog), because without this my Inbox is flooded with spam and silly questions like people asking me for a job. I am not a job-provider, just another expat like you, and whatever I know about the system, I try to help others in a small way. Thanks for your support.

Anonymous said...

I recently visited the Dammam Labour Office in early 2014. I was very impressed! I met two officials very quickly and both had great English. They were very motivated to help. I felt their customer service was world-class (I have also lived and worked in the USA, England, Germany, Australia and New Zealand).

Expatguru said...

Anonymous,

Good to know that they spoke English. But more importantly, did your problem get resolved? This is more critical to expats. I would rather have an Arabic speaking Saudi do some work and resolve issues than an English speaking incompetent guy.

Anonymous said...

I think you have really done a great service to Saudi expats....
I am wondering why our Indian media who make big hype about useless achievements....has never bothered to even recognise your excellent work?

Expatguru said...

Anonymous,

Thanks for your sentiments, but this blog is meant for expats of all nationalities, not just Indians. As far as "recognition" is concerned, I don't need it anyway so it doesn't bother me.

Anonymous said...

thank you for everything u did so far!!

Anonymous said...

Dear expatguru,im a filipino and had a problem with my employer.he terminated me because of my absenses from work.they told me i have to go to jawasat in order to go home in the philippines